ALL LICENSED PROVIDERS ENROLLING WITH AKCESS AGREE TO ABIDE BY THE POLICIES AND PROCEDURES ESTABLISHED IN THIS STATEMENT. ALL PARTIES TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL REMAIN INDEPENDENT ONE FROM THE OTHER AND DO NOT HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO ACT AS AN AGENT, EMPLOYEE, SERVANT, PARTNER, OR JOINT VENTURER OF THE OTHER PARTY. THERE IS NO FINANCIAL INTEREST RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE PARTIES OTHER THAN THE FEES CONTRIBUTED TO APPROVED NON PROFITS GENERATED BY THE PROVIDER ACCOMMODATING FIVE MINUTE APPOINTMENTS WHEREIN INDUSTRY REPRESENTATIVES INTRODUCE PROFESSIONAL INFORMATION TO PROVIDERS WHO WISH TO RECEIVE SUCH INFORMATION.
IN ITS ADMINISTRATION OF THE PROGRAM, AKCESS WILL ESTABLISH AND ENFORCE THE FOLLOWING POLICIES RELATED TO PROVIDER PARTICIPATION. BY ENROLLING IN AKCESS ALL PARTICIPANTS AGREE TO ABIDE BY THESE SAME POLICIES;
- Representatives will be given access to the provider's self determined appointment calendar for up to ninety days in advance.
- A representative may schedule only one appointment with a given provider every thirty days.
- A representative will be permitted to cancel an appointment up to forty-eight hours in advance resulting in the fee being banked toward any future appointment. (Less than forty-eight hour notice will result in the full fee being collected.)
- A representative will be allowed a five-minute grace period before he/she is declared a "no-show" and the fee paid is forfeited. (The provider has no further obligation to see the representative related to that specific appointment).
- If the provider is unable to see the representative within 20 minutes of the appointed time, the provider's staff shall notify the representative that the appointment is cancelled and the fees will be banked for future credit. (The representative should notify Akcess of the cancellation for proper recording and dispensation).
- The provider's office staff may notify Akcess of any anticipated time the physician will be out of the office in order to block out the appropriate dates.
- The provider's office staff may notify Akcess of any "no-shows" or cancellations for proper recording and dispensation.
- Payments to recipient organizations will be made within the first twenty days of the month following that in which the activity occurred.
- The provider's scheduled appointments, as viewed by vendors, will be blinded such that only available slots will be seen.
- Each provider's office will have a secure code through which they will access their scheduled calendars.
- This program will have no bearing on representatives replenishing samples or responding to provider's requests.
- The provider may not, nor may any member of his immediate family, have an active role in the administration of, be employed by, or have any financial affiliation with the organization to which their donations are directed.
Duties of Provider. While this Agreement remains in effect, the provider will cooperate with Akcess's program to allow representatives to make appointments with the provider. Once enrolled the provider agrees to refer all representatives to the Akcess Website in order to schedule appointments. The provider agrees to meet with the representative for a minimum of five minutes and to give the representative his/her undivided attention. The provider understands and agrees that each representative will be limited to purchasing one five-minute unit per month of the provider's time (i.e., an annual maximum of twelve five-minute encounters per vender). The provider understands that representatives will not have access to any information through the Akcess system as to other representatives who have contracted via the Akcess program to purchase time with the provider. The provider understands that representatives may not pay any other compensation to the provider, in cash or in kind. The provider agrees to immediately report any violations of these policies to Akcess. (This agreement has no effect on visits arranged with industry representatives not scheduled on the Akcess web site).
Compensation. Akcess agrees to contribute the amount of $25.00 for each five-minute segment of the provider's time that is purchased through the Akcess program. All contributions will be forwarded to the approved nonprofit selected by the provider. The contribution shall be paid monthly within 20 days after the end of the month in which the contacts occurred.
Term and Termination. The term of this Agreement shall commence on the enrollment date and shall remain in effect until it is terminated by either party. This Agreement may be terminated at any time during its term by either party, without cause. Furthermore, this Agreement may be terminated by Akcess with cause. "Cause" shall include, but not be limited to, any misrepresentation made by the provider under this Agreement or the provider's failure to comply with the terms of this Agreement.
AKCESS WILL OVERSEE COMPLIANCE.
To contact Akcess, please email or call us per the information below:
Phone: (301) 638-2001
3200 Crain Hwy, Suite 100
Waldorf, Md. 20603